How Do I?
Put in questions and answers to frequently asked questions.
How much does a building permit cost?
All permits are $40.00 for the first $1,000, plus $2.00 for every $1,000 afterward plus a 1% State Assessment Fee plus $3.75 Technology Fee.
Permit Cost Table
What work requires a building permit?
Please see the Residential Building Regulations Form.
How do I request an inspection?
Please call our automated voicemail system at 740-773-8955 at least 24 hours in advance of the inspection requested.
You will need the following information:
- Type of inspection you are requesting
- Your building permit number
- Address of the inspection
- Property owner's name
- Name of the contractor
- Phone number where you can be reached
This information can also be found on the back of your building permit.
What needs to be inspected?
Please view our Residential Building Regulations
How can I get an alley or street vacated?
- Contact your ward council representative with request
- Council brings request to the mayors attention
- Mayor assigns request to a committee
- Committee researches request through the City Engineer's Office
- Engineer's Office researches location and existing utility information
- Sketch is prepared showing location and adjacent property information
- Decision is made whether or not to continue with vacation proceedings
- Surveyor prepares plat of area to be vacated (at cost of requestor)
- Ordinance is voted on "Plat as an exhibit"
- Upon passage by council, Clerk of Council informs abutting property owners
- Clerk of Council files information with County Courthouse
What ward do I live in?
Please refer to the map to find your ward.
How do I report a traffic light out?
Please contact our Service Department at 740-773-2700
Where can I find the City of Chillicothe Ordinances?
Please refer to our website: http://www.conwaygreene.com/chillicothe.htm
How do I get an address number assigned?
Please call our Building Department direct at 740-773-8980
How do I report a pot hole?
Please call our Service Department to report your pot hole, 740-773-2700.
How do I file a Nuisance Complaint?
Our Service Department deals with the City Nuisance Complaints.
How do I report storm drainage issues?
Please call the Water Department at 740-773-1932