Duties of the Engineering Department:
- Planning, design, project management, and inspection of city public work improvements under its direction.
- Provides consultative assistance to other city departments, the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- If requested, work efforts extend to the Utilities Department, Parks and Recreation Department, Service Department and Transit for new and proposed facilities.
- Performs plan review and inspections for subdivision development.
- Maintains and develops city maps, plans, zoning maps, and infrastructure maps.
- Manages maintenance and operation of the local flood protection project consisting of the flood wall and storm water pump stations.
- Manages maintenance and operation of the closed landfill.
- Issues storm water permits.
- Plans and manages the Street and Alley Program.
- Reviews applications for curb cuts.